People come to counselling for many reasons and talking with someone unconnected with your situation can often be very helpful in gaining perspective on the issues that are currently causing you concern. When exploring these issues together, you can then assess what best suits your needs to create new patterns of behaviour and relationships.
Issues often addressed in therapy include:
- Separation from family members in childhood through going to Boarding School, being in Care or parents divorcing Learn More >
- Bereavement and loss
- Depression, stress and anxiety
- Relationship difficulties
- Higher Education Student issues
- Personal growth
Benefits of counselling
Counselling can offer:
- A therapeutic relationship which is centred on your needs.
- A safe and confidential space to explore difficult feelings in more depth, gain
awareness and understanding of the way you think and ultimately generate personal
- A non-judgemental environment which can help develop confidence and a greater
sense of wellbeing.
- New coping mechanisms and/or ways of dealing with conflicts.
I experienced Debbie as listening without judgement.